Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Artist Series with Eve Pearl


How have you kept your career growing in a challenging economy?
Despite the current state of the economy my brand continues to flourish. I have recently launched 13 new lip colors, 4 new glosses, a new concealer, and the core EVE PEARL TEAM is growing. I owe a great deal of my success to my ability to quickly adapt and adjust to the needs of my customer. My line is just that, "mine". It is not private label so I have total control over everything from formula, to texture, ingredients, color choices, etc. I am able to quickly adapt and implement changes to meet the needs of my customer base. The recent launch of my new Dual Salmon Concealer Treatment is a perfect example of a product that I was able to go into the lab and create in response to customer feedback. I am able to to deliver a product that satisfies the need of the customer who is in between two concealer shades.

I also owe a good deal of my succeeds to my ability to embrace social media (pretty early on) and use it to connect with my audience and advance the EVE PEARL brand. With over 19,000 subscribers and 84 videos, I have one of the most successful beauty brand channels on YouTube. I use YouTube and my website (evepearl.com) to demonstrate makeup looks, launch products, promote special offerings, etc. My website and YouTube give me direct access to my customer which allows me to act very quickly on their suggestions and feedback! I am also very active on Twitter. It is a great way to connect with and engage followers of my brand.

What three traits does a great makeup artist need to have?
In order to be a great makeup artist you need:
1) Skill - You must posses some degree of natural talent. In addition, you must constantly hone your skills through ongoing training and learning.
2) Passion/ Desire - You must have an intense love of your craft.
3) Business Acumen - If you are going to be a professional makeup artist, then you must treat your craft professionally....otherwise it's just a hobby. Always be professional. Arrive on time and complete the task at hand. Have a plan to grow your business/brand. Write a business plan. If you don't know where to start, take a beginner's business course to learn the fundamentals. Get a mentor or several mentors. Learn from vets in the industry. Take the business of makeup very seriously...Oh, and have fun!

Tell us about your newest product?

My latest launch is Dual Salmon Concealer Treatment. It is a dual shade version of my signature Salmon Concealer that has developed a cult like following amongst makeup artists. The Dual Salmon Concealer mirrored compact comes with two shades of product that can be used individually or blended together to create a custom shade.
My Salmon Concealer contains a a proprietary blend of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants known as CosmeNutrients®. This luxurious silky concealer provides full coverage with a non-greasy texture that glides on smooth to the most delicate area of your face.

Eve Pearl will be presenting at The Makeup Show LA on Feb 28th and March 1st. Eve will keynote
Sunday Feb. 28 2010 — 10:30am -12:00pm- MARKET YOURSELF, GET THE JOB and MAKE MONEY IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA, and be presenting a Master Workshop - Developing and Presenting Makeup for Television
Sunday, Feb 28 – 2:00 – 5:00pm – Studio 2. To get your tickets, please visit www.themakeupshow.com

No comments: