Our Online Editor Christina Farrell recently sat down with The Makeup Show Presenter Valerie Hernandez to discuss her recent photo shoot with Lindsey Lohan. Here is their interview, and the details of the shoot.
"The internet has been buzzing lately about the latest controversial photo shoot with Lindsey Lohan by famed photographer Tyler Shields. Whether or not you like the shots, you cannot disagree that Tyler Shields photographs are outstanding, and make people talk. These dark shoots of Ms. Lohan were taken for Tyler's new book "The Dirty Side of Glamor", and that is just what this is.
One of my dearest friends, Valerie Hernandez created Lindsey's look for the infamous shoot, and passed along the products she used to create the sultry vibe. I am crazy for the smokey eyes and sexy lips that Miss. Valerie did (although I am always impressed with her work, cause she is a brilliant artist!). Here are the details directly from Val:
- I used the Youngblood illuminator in Golden Sun on her cheekbones.
- Topped it with Mary-Lou Manizer from The Balm "This duo product that can be used as a highlighter, shimmer, eyeshadow..etc. Its a perfect pearl shade that gives the skin just enough glow. Super rich in pigment so a little goes a long way. "
- Then I used a MAC cream blush in Virgin Isle on the apple of her cheeks and topped that with YB Loose Blush in Sherbert.
- I used the Warmth Hi-Def Powder by Youngblood to finish her off. "This powder is the best High Definition powder on the market!"
- Shiseido Cream Black Khol pot all over her lid and underneath, smudged it out with a bronze cream pot by MAC.
- Set that with a dark velvet shimmer by Inglot.
- Lots of Mascara called Blackout by Youngblood. "Im obsessed with the brush!"
- Groomed her brows with Lorac brow wax in Brunette
- Finally, I used OCC Lip Tars in Barely Beige and grand finale was Liptar NYFW. "Lindsey loved the lip tars so much that I let her take mine!"